Our company is looking for a talented Magento 2 developer that will be deploying and maintaining an array of eCommerce websites. Your main tasks will be to implement themes & extensions, ensure that security patches are installed and maintain existing functionality. You will also be in charge of developing new modules and applying any required front-end and back end changes.
- Optimise multiple pre-existing Magento M2 websites to ensure we achieve and maintain maximum speed and scalability.
- Plan, build, configure, test, and launch brand new websites, translating written requirements and visual mockups into interactive digital experiences.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain website/software documentation.
- Investigate ad hoc bug reports, identify fixes/solutions before testing and deploying.
- Install updates and security patches.
- Specify, deploy and manage infrastructure requirements.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest development techniques, best practices and technological advancements.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced in Magento web development (Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Advanced knowledge of cross-browser and device compatibility issues, constraints and workarounds.
- Proficient in translating written requirements and visual mockups into interactive digital experiences.
- Understanding of responsive design and building for a mobile experience.
- Working knowledge of APIs and integration of third-party APIs (including payment gateways).
- Advanced understanding of performance, scalability, security, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
Full-time hours: 40 per week (paid lunch 45 minutes)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Performance related bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Modern workplace amenities include on site shower, kitchen & gaming setup for downtime
- Flexible working hours
- Annual leave – we offer 20 days annual leave plus all UK public holidays as standard, as well as a business shut down over Christmas and New Year
- Competitive salary – We’re committed to offering competitive salaries to our teams, with annual reviews and fantastic opportunities to progress as well as a bonus scheme for those performing above and beyond.
- Personal development – We’re committed to helping you grow not just as a person, but helping your career development too with relevant courses and investing into new technologies to further your development as part of an ever growing business.
- Discover new disciplines – Dip your toes into other facets of our business such as project management and design and print by being part of our unified team.
- We’re a friendly, social bunch – We have our fair share of social events which involve all of our team. From the Christmas party to ‘Friday Beers’ and Costco pizzas, we’ve something for everyone, and if it’s not your bag, don’t worry about it.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm)
- Overtime available
PPE provided for office workers
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Magento: 2 years (desired)
- PHP: 2 years (desired)
- MySQL: 2 years (desired)
- Up to 2 days a week (after successful completion of probationary period)
To keep our employees safe as possible we have a hand sanitising station positioned at the entrance accompanied with temperature checks. All desks are also positioned more than 2m apart to keep safe social distance.